Sunday, January 21, 2007

Comin' home for Christmas


Merry Belated Christmas everybody, and happy holidays to all of my friends of other denominations. What an awesome time home. For the first time in awhile, I really didn't want to go back. I guess it was because I realized third year is the hardest one so far, and I was really enjoying catching up with old friends. I didn't get to spend near enough time with everyone. We cought up, but not good enough. And, it's going to be awhile before I see most people again.

"and everybody does, it's so weird to be back here" -Ben Folds

I thought I was going to be one of the last people home. After exams were over, I pretty much did nothing but laze around, catch up on sleep, and relax. It was totally awesome to give my mind nothing to do. It was awesome to hear everyone's stories of the amazing or regular places they are this year. Like Lauren getting back from Mexico, and Dre living the dream in Ireland, too many others to name. We of course, made the trip to Chevy's, that place rocks.

Christmas with the family was the same as every year, which was great. Normal Christmas eve stuff, and turkey and all that. Break got cut short, in a good way, because I was off to Edmonton for AIESEC's National Congress. Flying across the country is awesome, even if you have to stop in every major city on the way. I got to see TO, and the priaries and the rockies. Edmonton rocks my socks, the conference was insane in a good way. Crazy leadership and training sessions all day, and legendary parties all night. Best things about NC:
-going early to see the West Ed mall, and road trip to the rockies (Lake Louise, Banff and Calgary)
-connecting hotel rooms for twice the parties
-JK being elected pres for AIESEC in Canada
-winning second place in the simulation, and bringing home some other shiny awards
-reconnecting with great friends from across the country
-New Years Eve 3 time zones away, ringing it in for every zone across Canada, and being the first to ring it in at 9pm, woo Hali AST!

What's everybody doing for spring break??

No comments: