Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer so far....

Heyyyyy

This summer is flying by, I can't believe it. So far this summer, I got back from partying in Toronto and an AIESEC conference in Hamilton, it was a blast, and met lots of people. The conference was focused on leadership development, and between partying all night long and not sleeping, I still learned alot. The sessions all day are very inspirational, very intense and educational, in a "it's summer and I'm learning, but still having fun" kind of way.

We've been hanging out alot, just chillin, watching some hockey playoffs (too bad for the oilers...) and getting outside when it's not raining. I made it home to see the CEC musical with Lisa, which was just good to see some old friends. Camilla came here from Brazil to work in the AIESEC office for a couple months. A bunch of us went up to Miramichi for Krista's grad/going away party (hope you have a great time in Thailand!). Last weekend Camilla had a Brazilian night, it was awesome, I love learning about cultures around the world, and now I have one more country I have to visit someday. I also saw "An Inconvenient Truth". It's an amazing, scary, eye-opening movie if you haven't seen it yet.

I'm working at Saint Mary's in the Burke building doing environmental research with a prof and a couple other students for my Coop work term. I really love it. We get to go outside and do fieldwork sometimes, and network with a lot of other groups in Halifax and NS doing similar stuff, really good opportunities.

I'm pumped for this weekend. We got our Pilate and Wintersleep tickets for Fri! woot woot. Tonight we're having Camilla's going away party, which is happy and sad. Hopefully Sat night works out, and I can make it home to go camping!??! Annnnd we gotta get organized for next weekend so we can make it to PEI for Tragically Hip and Canada day! jump on it guys....

OK, back to work for me, talk to you soon.....

No comments: