Sunday, February 04, 2007

See you soon



Sucks to say good bye. Richard left last week. Seems like a lot of people are leaving lately. Best of luck to you on your internship in Indonesia, Richard. It's really inspiring to see people actually achieving what everyone else talks about wanting to do. I can't wait to work abroad someday. For now, I'll have to just hear about everyone else's experience (shout out to Krista in Tanzania!). Some best memories of Rich's visit in Halifax:
-random post-arrival email from AIESEC alumni sister who loves Victoria (on the wrong coast, haha)
-making fun of April, nobody does it better
-"pink" halloween costume
-the best Asian glow I've ever seen, or the best attempt to cover it up "Richard, why are you red, and why is your hair and shirt soaked?"
-nobody is deeper in thought about relationships, people, or experiences and their meaning, or importance on learning and where you are headed in life

See you soon buddy, either in Germany, or you're welcome back in Hali anytime.

On another note, kind of makes you think on how many people leave the East coast. They need more money, or more opportunities, or a need to be closer to all the action I guess. Are there really no opportunities for young people here? Shouldn't you try to make your own opportunities? I can't wait to get out of here and travel, but I know I'll always be back. See you soon.

4 comments:

AdamHarris said...

this pic was also taken at Eva's place for Richard's farewell party, can't wait to move in with the new roomies this May, 5215 Green street baby!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!
Someone took over the place of 'Asian Glow'!!!
Hahahahahaha.............

Kimchi said...

Well.......you know why they are leaving??? BECAUSE::::::::

THE WEST, THE WEST, THE WEST IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yieeha :)

AIESE UVic FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!!!

Big hug,
that Alumni sister ;)

PS: But to be honest, your LC rocks. Thanx for giving me a warm welcome, a great night out and some interesting talks! See you in Germany, you know you will be always welcome at our house :)

Anonymous said...

ohmigoodness adam!! I luv ya like a bro..but i never thought you actually think it was funny how richard made fun of me all the time..LOL so i see how it is eh..haha anyway I totally admire your blog..YOU HAVE "SALES FORCE" ON YOUR LINK!!!..LOL I just LUV it!!
PS: I was the one who asked that question about his face being red..I already knew the answer...i'm not dumb...let him keep thinking that..LOL he never really knew I always outsmart him..haha "ALWAYS" ..anyway, take care, this is my favourite blog site so far.."sales force":P